'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Theme Challenge #1

Home Forums General Discussion Theme Challenge #1

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  plasma_girl 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author

r_sail

Okay, here it is, MAY!!!

I dunno, we can do this every two weeks or once a month or whatever you guys want.

I know what I’m going to do and I’ll get on it soon as I can, so whatever final deadline you guys want or need, feel free to decide that amongst yourselves in this thread, I’m okay with whatever you decide.

The theme is “Go for Love.” However you want to interpret that… go nuts! (the following themes will be more vague, but that’ what I’m starting with.)

TAGS: Tag your entry with “Theme Challenge” “May 09″ “Go for Love” I think that should cover it. Right? Anything else we should tag em with?

Okay guys and gals, there it is, now go for love!

May 2, 2009 at 10:46 am #35764

Nick Powell

Thanks for that here we go.

Lets say we give it a month this time round and see how it goes.Then reassess the situation.

I am going for love!!!

Tags seem ok to me.

May 2, 2009 at 10:47 am #35765

Nick Powell
    May 2, 2009 at 9:29 pm #35766

Uncle Bob

“Go for love” it is then. (Starting with the easy ones, eh!) A month seems fine. Should we continue to explain why this post is different when submitting it – for the benefit of others?

May 2, 2009 at 11:16 pm #35767

r_sail

Yeah, I guess we should add some sort of explanation in the post… maybe a link to the thread? I’ll leave specifics of your individual posts up to you.

Go for love!

May 22, 2009 at 1:19 pm #35793

plasma_girl

I’m really enjoying the very different interpretations everyone has come up with; can’t wait to see the rest!

May 25, 2009 at 7:52 pm #35794

r_sail

blaaarrrrgggghhhh! I haven’t even had a chance to start mine. Jeez. Hopefully I’ll get it uploaded before June! Ha!

Been loving everyone elses, though.

May 28, 2009 at 12:00 pm #35795

Uncle Bob

Dinna fash yersell, r-sail. You are a busy person unlike us old retired lads who have the time to indulge in exercises such as this. The main thing is that more and more folk will contribute to the forums either through the themed idea or not. These things take time to get up and running.

May 28, 2009 at 10:19 pm #35796

r_sail

I’m going to have to throw mine up late. I feel like an ass. In an entire month I wasn’t able to draw one thing. bbut, you’re right, I’ve been crazy busy this month.

Also, everything I have drawn has been a part of planning for my upcoming gallery show that I’m starting to freak out about not being ready for.

May 28, 2009 at 11:23 pm #35797

r_sail, i know what ya mean. i’ve been busy and haven’t done one yet partly due to getting ready for an event(but not being ready). good luck with the show!

May 29, 2009 at 8:53 pm #35800

Nick Powell

There is always next month! We dont want it to become like homework used to be when you were at school, hanging over you!!!

May 29, 2009 at 8:56 pm #35801

Nick Powell

The tagging needs to be more standardized next month folks I think we ended up with 3 or 4 different versions, can someone come up with the definitive tag sequence?

May 29, 2009 at 9:42 pm #35802

Uncle Bob

Nick, I was unsure how to apply the correct tagging system so I used the one recommended by this site in the faq section (detailed instructions) – It says “Enter Tags relevant to your image (optional). Separate each tag with a comma ( , )”. Should we not just follow this unless there is some other reason for a different method eg “tag” “tag” “tag”? This might mean someone trying the theme for the first time might use this – assuming they read the faq section. It would be great if the monthly theme could be made more noticable so other might participate. ps. As a retired teacher I say “Make them do homework”

June 1, 2009 at 8:21 pm #35803

Nick Powell

I must admit that I followed r-sails instructions and included the ” as he said, which made it all a bit hard work. I think it should go.

Theme challenge.

June09.

Then the title.

Its a bit like a file system with folders within folders leading you through or to the actual pictures.

Anyone typing in Theme challenge will get to the main folder and the June09 would find that month within the main theme challenge folder the title for example, Go for love. would find that theme in May09 if for example 2 were set one month the title would separate them.

Thats how I see it anyway sorry if I have been “teaching you to suck eggs”!

Loved your early morning sketch of the garden by the way, I suppose its pretty light up there early.

Cheers!

June 2, 2009 at 10:30 am #35804

Rudat

What is June’s Theme Challenge? Last month was very challenging! Personally, I try to look at this as a “fun break” instead of a chore. These drawings are a nice getaway from the daily grind.

June 3, 2009 at 8:58 pm #35807

Nick Powell

Know that you are busy r-sail.But after last months humdinger! I wondered what was June’s

going to be.Enjoyed the process of thinking of something for last month and hope to do better this time around.

June 8, 2009 at 1:46 am #35830

kode9

hi, i’m new here.

i like the idea of having a theme challenge.

if there’s one for this month i might have a go at it.

i was reading earlier posts about it.

just an idea, but how about having a seperate topic for each theme where you can post a link to your submission after it’s published? ..

June 8, 2009 at 2:42 pm #35831

Rudat

Hi kode9. Your suggestion is the basic idea we’re attempting to establish. Hopefully we will have a June theme soon. Very soon. Maybe since r_sail

is a busy guy, we should figure out another method of choosing themes?

June 8, 2009 at 4:01 pm #35832

kode9

that’s not much fun for r_sail if he comes up with the theme each time!

as i said, i only joined but i read earlier where nick offered to suggest something.

maybe he could set it up this time and nominate someone to come up with the one after? ..

June 8, 2009 at 7:29 pm #35833

Nick Powell

I have a suggestion for a theme this month its not original, the 17 year olds here in the UK were set it as the starting point or theme for their A.S. level art exam this year. [A.S. is the level before A levels upon which university places are mainly awarded]

It might be interesting to see how we get on with it?

Seeing that R-sail is otherwise engaged may I be so bold as to suggest we go with it?

SANCTUARY

If people are happy I will post it as a new thread on the forum page.

Perhaps the person who posts first gets to choose next months subject? what do you all think. we can talk about that during the month if R-Sail is still busy.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.