'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

The November 2010 Challenge is:

Home Forums General Discussion The November 2010 Challenge is:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nikira 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Uncle Bob

The November 2010 Challenge is:

In the Attic

This theme was suggested by Plasma_girl

With Halloween around this time, this is a fortuitous challenge. All sorts of things lurk in my attic. I probably am not alone in collecting old toys played with years ago by my children. There are the usual amount of boxes with old books and clothes – just in case they might be read again or come in handy when fashion trends return (Actually I am too mean to fling stuff out). We also have a small colony of bats which are lovely wee creatures doing no harm. What’s in your attic?

It is hoped as many folks as possible will participate. It’s great fun comparing all of the different ideas when they start arriving. In order to ensure that it is possible to retrieve all this month’s entries, and place them in one list, it would be useful if everyone tagged their posts as follows:

In the Attic, November 2010, Theme Challenge

To avoid misspellings please copy and paste these tags into the appropriate box when submitting your entry.

The Theme Challenge is held once a month. The original idea was to encourage Moleskiners to make more use of the “Forums” section of the site. The challenge is non-competitive – there are no winners or losers. The aim is to get everyone to enjoy coming up with their own interpretation of the theme.

This will be the first challenge since the “faves” option was abandoned. To give participants some sort of feedback, and to allow friendly comparisons, please take a moment to add a comment giving entrants some feedback to their ingenuity.

There were five entries for last month which is roughly the same as for the previous one. Of course, I usually submit the challenge a couple of days before the month finishes so there is still time to up this figure.

If you have any ideas for future challenges then post them in “MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE”. I’ll try to acknowledge each post so you know your idea is “in the jar” – Bob

November 5, 2010 at 4:50 pm #36567

Nikira

What should I do if we don’t have an attic, or I can’t climb under the roof? Should I make it up?

November 5, 2010 at 7:32 pm #36568

Boofredlay

What is in your basement then?

November 5, 2010 at 7:51 pm #36569

Uncle Bob

No Attic? Where do you put all your junk, Nikira? You will just have to imagine some scenario. Here is an attic joke for you:

An elderly couple who were childhood sweethearts had married and settled down in their old neighborhood. They we’re celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and decided to walk down the street to their old school. There, they hold hands as they find the old desk they’d shared and where he had carved “I love you, Sally.”

On their way back home, a bag of money falls out of an armored car and lands practically at their feet. Sally quickly picks it up and decides to take it home until they decide what to do with it. There, she counts the money, and it’s fifty thousand dollars.

The husband says, “We’ve got to give it back.”

She says, “Finders keepers,” and puts the money back in the bag and hides it up in their attic.

The next day, two FBI men are going door-to-door in the neighborhood looking for the money and show up at their home. They say, “Pardon me, but did either of you find or know about some money that fell out of an armored car yesterday?”

She says, “No.”

The husband quickly interjects, “She’s lying! She hid it up in the attic.”

She says, “Don’t believe him, he’s getting senile.”

However, the agents sit the man down and begin to question him. “Sir, please tell us the story from the beginning.”

The old man says, “Well, when Sally and I were walking home from school yesterday…”

The FBI agents immediately look at each other and say, “Let’s get out of here!!”

November 6, 2010 at 3:58 am #36570

Nikira

Ha ha! Thats cute and funny,:-))) I keep my junk in my work room.

@Boofredlay, we have no basement in Brяklyn. And in 2 basements Upstate is nothing interesting, I don’t like to go there….. I have to fantasize though about attic.

November 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm #36575

Nikira

I am really happy I found the way to participate in November Challenge. Greta found Winston’s scrapbooks in the attic and unwrapped the truth hidden for half a century.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.