'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

The May 2011 Challenge is

Home Forums General Discussion The May 2011 Challenge is

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ziza 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Uncle Bob

The May 2011 Challenge is:

“Outer Space”

This theme was suggested by Pinkjasper

My apologies for taking so long to get this on posted. Too many things to do at the moment.

Pinkjasper was the “non de pen” of Sophie Brown who never managed to get her artwork on the site but contributed greatly both in feedback comments as well as in the Forum threads. Does anyone know where she is? It would be great to hear from her again

The Theme Challenge is held once a month. The original idea was to encourage Moleskiners to make more use of the “Forums” section of the site. The challenge is non-competitive – there are no winners or losers. The aim is to get everyone to enjoy coming up with their own interpretation of the theme.

In order to summarise the entries, at the end of the month, its important to tag your one properly since misspellings will not be counted. Could you, therefore copy and paste the following tags into the appropriate box when sending your attempt in.

Outer Space, May 2011, Theme Challenge

There were 3 entries for last month’s challenge. Maybe May will draw (excuse pun) more

Would anyone else like to take on the role of issuing the monthly challenge as I am quite busy these days and not even able to send in stuff for this monthly soiree? If you would like to take over this please email me at bobmcdowall@hotmail.com and I’ll send the stuff, needed, to you.

Do any of you have some fresh ideas for the challenge? We are always looking for more. If you do have any then post them in the “MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE” forum thread. I’ll try to acknowledge each post so you know your idea is “in the jar” – Bob

May 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm #36641

plasma_girl

I’m loving the idea of this one; thanks for keeping on top of it, Bob. I think I can take over the monthly challenge duties, so I’ll send you an e-mail. Hope all is going well at your end of the world!

May 3, 2011 at 6:08 pm #36642

Uncle Bob

Thanks Steph. Got your message and have replied. All is well here in our wee country although I wish the wind would die down. Bad news for kilt wearers.

May 11, 2011 at 9:54 am #36647

Ziza

Dear grandson, Leo and all the others (those few who occasionally drop a line or two in our forum section) I’d like to draw the old idea back from our dusty forum-drawers. Recently I went to WetCanvas site and found their monthly-photo-challenges and I loved them. I took part in one and the post is soon to appear on skineart as well (I submitted it a couple of days ago but it’s still in a cue)…

I remember this was an issue in forums about year+ ago and, for reasons unknown to me, we dropped it. I think we should submit photos to Bob and he would draw the challenge each month – then we would make our interpretations of the given photo (or self-selected detail of it). No competition – just challenge. Of course we can keep the existing monthly challenges as well. Just call the new one “photo challenge”.

In this way, I think, we would make the site even more interesting and encourage contributors to post more.

Now, what do you think? :D

May 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm #36648

Leo

Ziza, I agree wholeheartedly. Let’s do it!

May 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm #36649

Ziza

Just one thing:

My grandson would have to have an option to post a photo on the forum and…

Just two things:

My grandson would have to have an option to post a photo on the forum and he would have to agree to do it, and…

Just three things…

May 12, 2011 at 10:09 am #36651

Uncle Bob

Sounds like something worth pursuing but it cannot have escaped the attention of regular forum readers that I have been looking for someone to either assist with, or even take over the monthly challenge. I have a willing volunteer but will not say who until things are finalized. In the meantime how about Ziza putting together his idea(s) for a second type of challenge while the existing one continues? I will work at the current one until someone else stands in but cannot, I am afraid, find any more time to administrate another. Sorry Grandpa!

May 12, 2011 at 12:18 pm #36652

Ziza

I could try to run the second one (photo challenge) for a year and we’ll see what happens. If the harvest is good than anyone could take over after a year.

So, Leo, I could post the first photo of my choice – just tell me how!?

Secondly, we need the way for me to receive the photo suggestions by other members/contributors so I could select from (I’d think of the way to randomly select or alternatively, we could set the rule that they are issued in the order of submission provided everyone sends just one photo)?!

I think photo should remain in the forum under it’s moth’s challenge slot and to be clickable so it could open to a larger size (say 1 MB) like we have it on the main page now. But, this option should be worked out by Leo! I’m awaiting instructions…

May 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm #36653

Ziza

To avoid copyright issues I suggest that photos submitted are taken by the one who sent them (original photos rather than nice ones downloaded from Internet).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.