'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

The June 2011 Challenge is:

Home Forums General Discussion The June 2011 Challenge is:

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Boofredlay 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

plasma_girl

The June 2011 Challenge is:

Shadow

This theme was suggested by b.tee.

In order to ensure that it is possible to retrieve all this month’s entries, and place them in one list, it would be useful if everyone tagged their posts as follows:

Shadow, June 2011, Theme Challenge

The more folks that participate, the merrier, and it’s quite fun (for me, at least) to compare the different ideas and variations each month. As far as interpretations go, your imagination is the limit; I tend to think of the theme more as a starting point or general suggestion rather than a strict rule to be followed.

As of this posting (a little bit early because I foresee being busy in the very near future and out of town with family next week), we have eight entries for the May challenge.

As you must have noticed, this is not Bob posting but, in fact, plasma_girl. I have taken over the monthly theme challenge duties, including posting each month’s theme and managing new theme suggestions.

The Theme Challenge is held once a month and we’re always looking for new challenge ideas. Feel free to post them in the “MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE” forum thread. I’ll try to acknowledge each post so you know your idea is “in the jar” (or, in this case, the coffee can).

Hope everyone has weather to their liking and ample time to indulge artistic pursuits!

*Apologies about the poor formatting, I’m still trying to figure it out.

May 26, 2011 at 1:40 pm #36660

plasma_girl

<div class=”post”><p>The June 2011 Challenge is:</p>

<p>“Shadow”</p>

<p>This theme was suggested by b.tee</p>

<p>In order to ensure that it is possible to retrieve all this month’s entries, and place them in one list, it would be useful if everyone tagged their posts as follows:</p>

<p>Shadow, June 2011, Theme Challenge</p>

<p>The more folks that participate, the merrier, and it’s quite fun (for me, at least) to compare the different ideas and variations each month. As far as interpretations go, your imagination is the limit; I tend to think of the theme more as a starting point or general suggestion rather than a strict rule to be followed.</p>

<p>As of this posting (a little bit early because I foresee being busy in the very near future and out of town with family next week), we have eight entries for the May challenge.</p>

<p>As you must have noticed, this is not Bob posting but, in fact, plasma_girl. I have taken over the monthly theme challenge duties, including posting each month’s theme and managing new theme suggestions.

The Theme Challenge is held once a month and we’re always looking for new challenge ideas. Feel free to post them in the “MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE” forum thread. I’ll try to acknowledge each post so you know your idea is “in the jar” (or, in this case, the coffee can).

</p>

<p>Hope everyone has weather to their liking and ample time to indulge artistic pursuits!</p>

<p>*Apologies about the poor formatting and multiple posts, I’m still trying to figure the details out.

</p>

May 26, 2011 at 1:57 pm #36661

Leo

Thanks, PG!

May 26, 2011 at 2:40 pm #36662

plasma_girl

Thanks for fixing that, Leo!

May 27, 2011 at 4:10 am #36663

plasma_girl

There are so many half-formed impressions and possibilities in my mind for this one; I hope I can bring at least a few of them satisfactorily into my molie.

Also, whenever I think about ‘shadows’ in the abstract I think of the Vashta Nerada from Dr. Who (it’s one of my favorite episodes).

June 1, 2011 at 2:19 pm #36667

Ziza

Leo, if we are to have a photo challenge as well, you should let me know how do I upload a photo in the forum!?

Grazie mille.

June 1, 2011 at 2:21 pm #36668

Ziza

BTW Boofredlay’s post from 29th of May may qualify for this theme challenge?

June 6, 2011 at 1:12 pm #36674

Boofredlay

Indeed it could Ziza unfortunately I cannot edit my post to update the tags.

June 6, 2011 at 9:48 pm #36678

Leo

@Boo – I’ve updated the tags on your May 29th post.

June 6, 2011 at 11:11 pm #36680

Boofredlay

Cool, thanks.

June 9, 2011 at 5:33 pm #36688

Boofredlay

FYI the May Theme Challenge and link is still showing on the front page.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.