'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

The July 2011 Challenge is:

Home Forums General Discussion The July 2011 Challenge is:

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  plasma_girl 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

plasma_girl

The June 2011 Challenge is:

If I Could…

This theme was suggested by 12oz. Therapy.

In order to ensure that it is possible to retrieve all this month’s entries, it would be useful if everyone tagged their posts as follows:

If I Could…, July 2011, Theme Challenge

The more participants, the merrier, and it’s always intriguing to see the variations other folks come up with!

As of this posting, we have six entries for the ‘Shadow’ theme from June. If June is gone and you’re still inspired to submit something for the theme, don’t hesitate to use these tags; looking back later on, it will still be cool to see all the variations on the theme, regardless of submission date.

The Theme Challenge is posted once a month and we’re always looking for new challenge ideas. Feel free to post them in the “MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE” forum thread. I’ll try to acknowledge each post so you know your idea is “in the jar” (or, in this case, the coffee can).

Hope everyone is having a summer full of adventure and enjoyment! I will be going backpacking for the first time ever in a few days (as a trial-run for a week-long backpacking trip with friends at the end of July) and I am both excited and slightly terrified!

June 29, 2011 at 7:21 pm #36696

Uncle Bob

Enjoy your backpacking trip, Stephanie. If you haven’t read it, get a copy of Bill Bryson’s “Walk in the woods – Hiking the Appalachian trail”. At the beginning he has cold feet after reading about all the insect and water borne diseases that one can catch. He contemplates the effects of injury and reads statistics about bear attacks. All done with his usual sense of humour. Yes this is the tome to put you at ease.

June 30, 2011 at 8:46 pm #36697

plasma_girl

Thanks for the book recommendation, Bob! I’ll put on my list of ‘things to read.’

July 6, 2011 at 2:57 pm #36700

plasma_girl

And, I’m happy to say I made it back to civilization (and skineart) completely alive!

There wasn’t much time for sketching or drawing (we ended up being pretty ambitious in our plans; sixteen miles in two days with some brutal uphills and downhills involved), but the scenery was absolutely gorgeous and the whole trip was incredible.

There was a fierce rainstorm Sunday night (it came down so hard some water leaked through the zipper of the tent) and we had a little bit of water at our feet in the morning, but that wasn’t too bad really. Then, during the last mile the skies opened up again and we got completely soaked on our way back to the car (thankfully, I’d put my little molie in a ziploc bag just in case of that eventuality, so it stayed dry).

Overall, I am happy with our accomplishment (albeit, a bit sore and stiff) and excitedly looking forward to our longer trip out west at the end of the month.

I hope everyone else is doing well and having adventures to their liking! I’m still a bit stuck as to what to do for this month’s challenge, but I’ll think of something.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.