'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

The January 2011 Challenge is:

Home Forums General Discussion The January 2011 Challenge is:

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  plasma_girl 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Uncle Bob

The January 2011 Challenge is:

Your basket might overload

This theme was suggested by Ziza

This, the first challenge of the New Year, seems a bit daunting but giving it a go might just shake away some of the cobwebs. Let your mind mull this one over then get to work. Its good fun once you get going.

In order to summarise the entries, at the end of the month, its important to tag your one properly since misspellings will not be counted. Could you, therefore copy and paste the following tags into the appropriate box when sending your attempt in.

Your basket might overload, January 2011, Theme Challenge

The Theme Challenge is held once a month. The original idea was to encourage Moleskiners to make more use of the “Forums” section of the site. The challenge is non-competitive – there are no winners or losers. The aim is to get everyone to enjoy coming up with their own interpretation of the theme.

We had four entries in December which doubled the previous month. If we are following a geometrical progression then we should be looking at eight attempts Even if you don’t enter the challenge at least it might have encouraged you to read some of the forum threads which was one the original ideas of the challenge.

We are always looking for fresh ideas for the challenge. If you have any then post them in the “MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE” forum thread I’ll try to acknowledge each post so you know your idea is “in the jar” – Bob

December 31, 2010 at 10:12 am #36589

Ziza

Nice theme, but not suggested by me, though… You’ve mixed something up, my dear grandson!

December 31, 2010 at 3:27 pm #36590

Uncle Bob

Oh no! Don’t you remember this my dear friend? It happens to us all. Don’t fight it – just accept things. (I’m sure your name appears next to the original submission – but I would not put money on this. If anyone else can claim to “own” this suggestion, please let me know, but, failing this please have sympathy for my treasured grandfather)

December 31, 2010 at 4:08 pm #36591

Nikira

I am not sure what it means. Can you simplify it, please?

January 1, 2011 at 4:25 pm #36592

Uncle Bob

I think that this is one of these challenges that is to be tackled with a fair degree of licence, Nikira. Just have a go and let your imagination run riot – and, although he denies this, you can always blame the grandfather :)

January 15, 2011 at 2:44 am #36596

Nikira

Agh, I was silent about reminding to update monthly challenge, because it was my suggestion, “Glass”, but it happened anyway… Now December challenge should be transformed into January. Still not sure what to draw in this basket.

January 19, 2011 at 12:47 am #36601

plasma_girl

I posted two related to this challenge about a week ago, but they seem to have been eaten by gremlins in the system; I’ll try uploading them again in the next few days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.