'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Tagging system for theme challenge.

Home Forums General Discussion Tagging system for theme challenge.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Capellion 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nick Powell

To try and get it so that by clicking on the tags at the bottom of your entry you can view all the entries and then break them down into months from there everyone needs to use the same tagging format.

I think it should go:-

Theme challenge,month09, subject eg.desserts,then anything else you want

Note the comma’s

Perhaps Leo could let me know if I am right?

August 4, 2009 at 3:12 am #35956

roseindigo

I sent two entries in yesterday, but may have gotten the tag wrong. I can’t remember. I got all the info into it, but not sure of the order.

August 4, 2009 at 8:00 am #35957

Uncle Bob

I don’t think it makes any difference which order the tags are submitted in as long as there are three, assuming you want someone to be able to recover/view August’s posts or ALL previous posts. Also, I submitted my latest in this order : “My favorite rocks, August09, Theme Challenge” and the final result is posted in alphbetical order ie “August09,My favorite rocks, Theme Challenge”. The tags are there to help recover information. If you only used “My favourite rocks” then people would only be able to recover all posts under that handle. If you added “August09″ then either tag would do the job. If you clicked on “Theme Challenge” then ALL of the past posts, for this exercise, would appear. When Nick says we have to get this sorted out I agree but every time I think about it more problems seem to arise. If, for instance, I used the UK spelling for “favorite” ie “favourite” then the systems breaks down. There is also the problem with use of upper and lower case letters. Although I haven’t tried this, I suspect that “My Favorite Rocks” would form a different group from “My favorite Rocks”. Gets complicated, doesn’t it?

August 5, 2009 at 4:30 am #35959

Capellion

My ideas for solving the problems you bring up are to: feature the tags in the challenge announcement topic.

For example:

“This month’s theme was just chosen and it will be, ‘fading colors.’ December 2010.”

then each entry should have the following tags, exactly as they appear in the announcement message:

fading colors, December 2010, theme challenge

following basic grammatical rules for capitalization but adhering to the spelling used in the challenge listing

Or, instead of leaving anything up to interpretation, you could list each month’s challenge with the tags at the bottom.

After announcing what the challenge will be:

• December 2010
    • theme challenge
    • fading colors

And from there everyone is to use those tags, regardless of how it is spelled (American v. UK) or how the date is displayed (with or without the beginning two year digits, with or without the apostrophe, etc).

Would that make it any easier?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.