'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Profiles

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Uncle Bob 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Matt L

I was just thinking about the site and I think it would be great if we had some sort of personal profile that us a chance to write maybe a paragraph about ourselves , or biography, or something along those lines and maybe have a larger gravatar image, similar to the “introduce yourself ” thread . It could be on the the top of the same page as the one that opens when you click on someone’s name and get all their posted art. Just a thought, but i know we have been having a lot of those around here .

Thanks, Matt

July 3, 2009 at 2:39 am #35897

SamandI

Good idea, Matt. I always love to know something about the person behind the sketchbook. Doesn’t have to be much, or too wordy – in fact, keeping it brief would be best. BB Lancton

July 3, 2009 at 1:24 pm #35899

Rudat

There is the “introduce yourself” forum topic where you can say a bit about yourself. I like your idea of linking this to your postings.

July 4, 2009 at 12:09 am #35900

Leo

Actually… Matt, that’s EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Compare this:

http://www.skineart.com/art/author/trebor61/

…to this:

http://www.skineart.com/art/author/trebor61/?preview_theme=skineart

See the difference? The upcoming redesign includes creating a more PERSONAL personal pages for each contributor. So please – login, then click the “admin” link near the top. Proceed to “your profile” and fill the “Biographical info” under “About yourself”. That is what should appear next to your Gravatar on your personal “Author” page, also showing your collection of posts.

July 5, 2009 at 5:29 pm #35901

Rudat

That’s really cool, Leo!

July 5, 2009 at 5:55 pm #35902

Uncle Bob

This looks really great, Leo and such a fantastic choice to advertise it – He! He!

July 6, 2009 at 5:46 pm #35908

Matt L

That looks greatt!

July 25, 2009 at 4:58 pm #35926

Capellion

I might just be overlooking something, but I don’t know how to upload a profile photo…. Where might I find such a thing?

July 25, 2009 at 5:28 pm #35928

Uncle Bob

If you look, in the forums section, under the heading “Gravatars” Leo explains how you can get your wee picture uploaded.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.