'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

preview problem

Home Forums Site Support and site related preview problem

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  roseindigo 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

pleistocene

I have been trying to submit my art since yesterday however, no preview is appearing. I have tried several things. Resizing my image from 800×641 to 500×400, waiting for more than 5mins, trying on a different day and renaming it. However I get no preview despite all of this. It’s my first time posting and even though I read all the instructions carefully and still nothing seems to be popping up. I was wondering if it might be my connection or computer? I’m using a mac.

Would really like to be apart of this site :)

Thanks!

November 11, 2008 at 2:20 pm #35622

Leo

Hm… Tested on Mac, and it worked fine. What browser are you using? Safari?

December 17, 2008 at 7:12 pm #35628

Uncle Bob

Hi

Having some difficulty in submitting posts as well as viewing most others including those I’ve seen in the past. This started yestereday when a note said the site had been taken off line but it has now been partially restored. Have I broken it?

Bob McD (Trebor61)

December 18, 2008 at 4:42 pm #35630

Rudat

I’ve had the same viewing problems also. I know it’s all Bob’s fault.

December 18, 2008 at 5:06 pm #35631

Uncle Bob

Quite right Susan! Big feet Bob strikes again.

December 18, 2008 at 7:18 pm #35632

Rudat

Quit stomping around, Bob! You’re shaking up the art!

December 18, 2008 at 8:18 pm #35633

Uncle Bob

Susan, you must be psychic. My house is shaking at the moment but its not me. My youngest, Andrew, is upstairs playing his massive keyboard. Since we wish to continue to get on with our neighbours, he kindly plays the thing through earphones. Trouble is he bashes away with the “touch of an elephant” and keeps time with his large feet – he is a big laddie six feet & 230 odd pounds. Things will be quieter when he heads off to New Zealand soon. Seriously, I logged on again to try to upload another post but again – no luck although I can now view other people’s efforts where I couldn’t yesterday. I wonder if others are experiencing the same sort of difficulty and if this is the best place to enquire for help. Any suggestions?

December 18, 2008 at 10:09 pm #35634

I’m having the same problems, hey Bob all that stomping has caused over 16″ of snow to fall in Spokane (since yesterday).

December 19, 2008 at 10:03 am #35635

Uncle Bob

What are YOU LOT LIKE? At least my superior bulk is good for something. 16″ of snow eh!

December 19, 2008 at 7:16 pm #35636

Uncle Bob

7.15pm “Scottish Time”. Great! I’ve made contact at last so now I can start to annoy you all with my wee pictures again

June 5, 2009 at 2:20 am #35816

roseindigo

I’ve had trouble posting from the beginning; therefore only one post thus far, although I’ve tried posting several. I either get no preview at all or I get it for a couple of seconds and then it disappears to be replaced by a red “X” in a box. I’m about to give up before I’ve even really started.

June 5, 2009 at 3:18 am #35817

roseindigo

OK gang, my son and I tried various things to post(he’s pretty sophisticated with computers). We attempted to post on the PC with Internet Explorer and Firefox. When neither of those worked we tried to post on his MAC with both Firefox and Safari. All the files we attempted to post are UNDER 100k and there were no illegal characters, but still with no success. Some of the attempts also took us from the blue preview page (with no preview showing) back to the “Recent Art” page, and when we went back to the blue preview page there was no preview and the comments I had made were also missing. The only thing all the attempts had in common was my dial-up internet connection, and so now I’m assuming that is where the problem lies with my attempts—that it’s just too darned slow. So HELP please!!!Or it will just be too frustrating for me to even try posting.

I have no clue how the one that was posted got through since I sent more than that, one right after the other, but none of the others have appeared.

June 5, 2009 at 1:16 pm #35818

plasma_girl

I’m also having a problem with previews today; when I try to upload an image I get a purple box that tells me that the image does not exist. On top of that, an image that I submitted a few days ago and was published yesterday has completely disappeared from the site.

June 5, 2009 at 6:24 pm #35819

Uncle Bob

Having the same problems, with the purple box, as plasma-girl. Will wait and try tomorrow.

June 5, 2009 at 6:41 pm #35820

Rudat

Maybe Leo is working on the website updates. I’ve had the problems too.

June 5, 2009 at 7:23 pm #35821

Nick Powell

Bob your worried about a keyboard!Try a 17 year old metal freak with a lecky guitar and a cry baby pedal over your kitchen, earphones or not its hell, posting problems I laugh at them!!

June 5, 2009 at 7:28 pm #35822

Nick Powell

Been to busy to draw let alone post what you all moaning about!

Seriously I had a very similar problem a couple of weeks ago and found that photoshop’s way of adjusting file sizes was not too accurate if I got near the 1mb limit when saving the scanned image.Try reducing the file down more?

June 5, 2009 at 8:52 pm #35823

roseindigo

All the files I tried to send are waaaaay under the limit, mostly below 100 kb. So I’ve concluded it’s my slow dial-up and the receiving end times out, and I’m just out of luck except for the rare instances when one does come through. Today I see that three of them did go through. Well, at least that’s progress, right? :-)

June 7, 2009 at 2:36 am #35824

Leo

Fixed!

Please try again. Apologies about this inconvenience.

June 7, 2009 at 4:10 pm #35827

roseindigo

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FIX!!! :-)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.