'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

no faves button?

Home Forums General Discussion no faves button?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Uncle Bob 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Nick Powell

The faves button has disappeared or am I just way behind the times I notice the facebook and tweet ones has the standard one been deleted?

September 23, 2010 at 9:19 pm #36534

Nikira

Yes, Nick, Leo turned heartless. :-) Please, read the previous post. But SkineArt become much faster and we can still Like via Facebook or Tweet it.

September 24, 2010 at 1:59 pm #36536

Leo

Hi, Nick,

Explained here: http://www.skineart.com/forums/topic.php?id=164#post-1209

These hearts were slaughtering server performance, so I turned the feature off to make sure that was, indeed, the problem.

Speaking of Twitter and Facebook – do Like/Tweet your posts, everybody. Your own and others’. This will help bring more visitors here.

September 25, 2010 at 5:23 pm #36538

Nick Powell

Thanks for that folks but do you have to sign up to facebook or twitter to make it work?

something that I have been avoiding like the plague!!

September 25, 2010 at 5:23 pm #36539

Nick Powell

Site is faster though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 25, 2010 at 10:19 pm #36540

Leo

I hear you, Nick… But resisting signing up at Twitter and Facebook is gradually becoming similar to avoiding getting a cellphone. Or a GPS unit. You think you’re getting by just fine without it. Until you get it. Then you see what you’ve been missing. And then you can’t imagine how you’ve managed to live without it.

September 26, 2010 at 6:23 am #36541

Nick Powell

Fair comment Leo but I think I can hold out a bit longer! I don’t seem to get enough time as it is without dealing with a load of stuff that I did not have before, constant messages about this and that,inane comments from so called friends etc etc………..

Have you ever heard of a TV program we have in the UK called grumpy old men? Sounds like I could be on that! Enough of my ranting I expect I will end up doing face ache and squawk and just give up trying to do any art type stuff.I don’t have to imagine living without out them I am doing it! OOPs I slipped into grumpy old man again without even trying!!!!!!

Cheers Leo still love the site and all the wonderful work everyone puts especially your time spent in admin it is really worth it and appreciated by all, if the site is faster without the faves system farewell faves.

September 27, 2010 at 12:05 pm #36543

Uncle Bob

Interesting, Nick and Leo. I signed up for Facebook a year ago as my son was heading out to New Zealand and we thought it would help to keep in touch by following his comments. Trouble is he writes in “code” and we have to get his older brothers to translate. I don’t fancy Twitter, however, as, like Nick, I don’t seem to have enough time in the day for normal activities. Leo – cell phones are the bane of my life. Try using public transport sitting next to someone shouting into their device. As a former electronics engineer I think I can just about construct a device to block signals but this might be illegal. I now sit with earphones from an ipod plugged in – but there is no ipod on the other end. Do you really think mobile phones and GPS devices are essential to everyday existence? Don’t you realise that, when the power finally dies, folks like me, not conditioned to these, will take over the world as you lot will be totally lost in the real world. Ha Ha – I hope you realise this is intended to be in good humour. Like Nick I mourn the loss of “faves” as I used it to gauge how my stuff was doing. Since joining Skineart 343 posts received a total of 4091 faves at an average of 11.93 so thanks to all who gave me this feedback. It was great to spot trends seeing if my stuff was getting better or worse. Now I will have to rely on Facebook “likes” or comments but comments are time consuming to write. Still – if the site runs more efficiently then so be it. Echoing Nick’s remarks – thanks for Leo’s efforts to enable us to indulge in this wonderful place. And Nick – I am way ahead of you in the G.O.Man stakes. As I get older and more intolerant I fear I am in danger of become world champion in this area. Already I am banned from watching the television news as I, according to Margaret, have too many opposing opinions to the broadcast but before you all chuckle – this seems to be normal behaviour and “Its coming to you all”

October 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm #36544

Nick Powell

Nice one Bob.

I must admit I resisted mobile phones for ages,but would not be without one these days I can deal with work stuff while out on the road or on my lunch break and not have people ringing me up at home in the evenings.

I get fed up that the damned thing always rings when I am at the top of a ladder or lying under a sink unit or some equally difficult spot.I also get fed up with people saying give us a ring when you are on your way. If I say I will be somewhere at a certain time I am there then or before!!!

Also that one as you answer the phone “where are you” why the hell does it matter where I am to them?

Baahh humbug!!!!!!!!

October 3, 2010 at 2:41 pm #36545

Nick Powell

Just thought that Bob has moderator status under his Gravatar maybe we could have a Grumpy old man tag as well?!!!!!!

October 3, 2010 at 6:44 pm #36547

Uncle Bob

Ha! Ha! Grumpy old Moderator!

October 5, 2010 at 8:41 pm #36552

Uncle Bob
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.