'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE

Home Forums General Discussion MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE

Tagged: 

This topic contains 70 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  plasma_girl 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Author

plasma_girl

Some more ideas:

Which Way?

Harvest Time

Summer

Along the Coast

By the Roadside

In the Attic

July 28, 2009 at 9:01 pm #35941

Uncle Bob

Good of you to add more. Thanks again.

August 31, 2009 at 7:43 pm #35999

Nikira

Illustration for the book I like.

Still life in my home.

My breakfast. (even it not possible to draw anything better than Susan’s Rudat pancakes). The ultimate breakfast.

Anything from my table.

Glass.

Anything with fabrics.

Same motif in different technique.

Four seasons.

What I would like to do/see/make before I die.

Or lets take a photo of a woman, lets say, from online and do a thing/drawing from her, using her as a model. That would let us see and learn from each other and have fun. Its like we are in the same room, working? A?

September 1, 2009 at 12:36 am #36000

Matt L

oo nikira i like that last idea. i love that when im in an art class, and seeing how differnt ppls views are of the same thing.

thanks for the contribution!

September 1, 2009 at 1:26 pm #36001

Uncle Bob

Thanks Nikira. I added these to the list and they will be included in the October draw.

September 1, 2009 at 6:14 pm #36002

b.tee

More for the jar…

Light

Shadow

Can’t live without this

the Figure

September 1, 2009 at 6:42 pm #36004

Uncle Bob

Well done Brian (some of us DO read the other threads). I’ve added your contributions to the list for next month’s Challenge. Thanks for sending these in. There are now 74 ideas “in the jar”. Bob

September 2, 2009 at 9:36 am #36005

ZenitYerkes

Some more for the jar from the new guy

When it rains

No mercy for Wanda

Pollution

Deadly Lines

Revolution

Do it Yourself

Honourable Bitches

The newspaper lies

ZY

Edit: Oh hell, too late.

September 2, 2009 at 10:45 am #36007

Uncle Bob

Thank you for these ideas, Zenit. I’ve added them to the, ever-increasing list. We are building up a fair collection of topics for the monthly draw. Please have a go at this month’s challenge. Regards Bob

September 3, 2009 at 2:14 pm #36009

Matt L

83. wow, thats alot. 83 , thats nearly enough to keep this going for 7 years :) bob, are you willing to take this responsibility?

September 3, 2009 at 4:38 pm #36010

Uncle Bob

7 years. That would make me 69. Do you think I’ll last that long, Matt? Of course I might have to appoint a successor (hint)

September 7, 2009 at 5:28 pm #36024

roseindigo

I really like Nikira’s idea of posting a photo and all of us working from that to see how we interpret things in our unique ways. There is, in fact, a site on the net that does exactly that. It’s called: http://differentstrokesfromdifferentfolks.blogspot.com/

Take a look at it and see what you think. We could do something similar on a smaller scale and ONLY in our Molys.

September 7, 2009 at 10:42 pm #36025

Matt L

wow, thats such a cool site. I think thats a good idea also..

September 9, 2009 at 1:43 pm #36027

roseindigo

One great caution if we decide to use a photo. We cannot use any picture without permission from the photographer, and certainly not anything that is copyrighted. So it would be best if we took the photos ourselves and worked from those. Not exactly sure how that could be done here.

September 9, 2009 at 7:39 pm #36028

Uncle Bob

You are correct about the copywrite issue. You cannot use anyone’s photos without prior permission. As to how to do it, that’s a lot easier. I often, when posting something, draw folk’s attention to bits and pieces and usually use my “Flickr” site as a link. If anyone wants to try to organise this idea (Matt?) you are welcome to browse through my photos and choose anything. (If you think this is a good idea then others might offer their pictures). To access my snaps all you have to do is click on the picture, on the home page, in the list of top contributers above where its says “trebor61″. This will take you straight there. If you browse through these pictures, and want to use one, just select it, to view it full size, then copy the link from the address bar. I won’t take part in this, if you don’t mind, as stuff like the Monthly Challenge is about all I can cope with at present. Besides, it might seem odd me entering stuff from my own snaps. Let me know, however, if I can help in any other way. Bob

September 9, 2009 at 8:21 pm #36029

Leo

I think it’s a brilliant idea.

There will be a tab in the new ‘skine.art design for these challenges. Help me come up with a name… “Different strokes” sounds perfect, but I don’t want steal anyone’s ideas.

There will be a dedicated page listing all challenges (ongoing, as opposed to monthly, which are a separate thing). I’ll post photos and announce on the homepage. We’ll then use tagging to sort the challenges.

September 9, 2009 at 10:03 pm #36030

Matt L

Oh thats good that will defintaly improve the site and help organize all this.

as for painting bobs pictures I think that would work great. also I think there is a section of flickr that has like a certain lisense that allows you to use the pictures as far as i know.

http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

thats the link, I think as long as we attribute and follow the copyright rules its fine.

September 11, 2009 at 1:48 pm #36031

Nikira

Art studio. Could this be the name? Or something more casual and what feels like you have to roll up your sleeves here. I think, Leo, I saw a blog or group somewhere with the name Different Strokes. Something with the mystery and danger. Like Mansard, Attic, Arcanum. Or is too much?

September 11, 2009 at 3:07 pm #36032

Leo

“Art Studio” is a good one, Nikira!

I was thinking – maybe a “Labs” tab? Leading to a page describing all ‘skine.art community events like “Monthly Themes”, “View from My Window” (ongoing, guess-where-I-am posts, thanks to Ziza for the idea), “Photo Challenges” (ongoing, the goal is to collect art based on a photo, done is a variety of styles and techniques).

September 23, 2009 at 2:33 am #36035

Nikira

Leo. We can submit our own photos, to choose from, to avoid problems with copyright. Labs sounds wonderful.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.