'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Missing submission

Home Forums General Discussion Missing submission

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Boofredlay 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Boofredlay

Good Mother’s day all.

I posted up Borders 20 the day before yesterday and Borders 21 yesterday. Today Borders 21 showed up but Borders 20 has not. Leo, would you check the submission que and post it up please? I would appreciate it. I was hoping to keep these in sequence along with my blog.

Thank you.

Eric

May 9, 2011 at 2:35 am #36644

Boofredlay

Oh and Borders 20 is the dark blocky alphabet around the side. Not to be confused with the one I just posted up, Borders 22, bird and cat feet.

Thanks again.

May 11, 2011 at 12:45 am #36645

Leo

I must have picked one out of sequence, Boo. Th blocky ABC is up now.

May 11, 2011 at 11:08 pm #36650

Boofredlay

Thanks Leo.

May 23, 2011 at 10:44 pm #36658

Boofredlay

Borders 35 did not show up today even though I posted it up yesterday.

May 24, 2011 at 4:40 pm #36659

Boofredlay

There it is now, thank you.

June 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm #36681

plasma_girl

A lot of mine have been ‘missing’ over the past week (I submitted several before I left town and expected them almost all to be posted by this past weekend); by today, most have been posted but they’ve gone at an irregular rate (a few have two days between them, a few have three day between them, and some are at the normal one-per-day rate). I figure it’s not a big deal and as long as the upload process was successful, they’ll show up sometime ‘soon-ish.’ With as many submissions as there are, one post of mine showing up every two to three days isn’t bad (as long as my posts haven’t been completely lost…something that we used to be able to check by viewing the queue, but that feature seems to have disappeared somewhere).

I guess I’m just adding my two cents that if a day or two is ‘missed’ among my submissions,I don’t really mind; but I’ll probably start getting antsy and worried about them being lost entirely if a bit more time goes by.

As always, I think Leo is doing a great job managing the website and taking care of any issues promptly.

June 7, 2011 at 3:29 pm #36682

Leo

@P_G – I’ve been running around these last couple of weekends like an adrenaline junkie baboon after three cups of coffee with its tail on fire. I only skip a day of posting when I don’t have access to the web (you can catch a glimpse of my travels on Facebook), but that doesn’t happen often.

June 7, 2011 at 8:34 pm #36683

plasma_girl

I appreciate your extreme dedication to the website very much, Leo (criticism was definitely not my intention, sorry if it came across that way)! I just wanted to say that I think you do an excellent job all the time and if a few of my submissions get missed, it’s nothing I’m going to worry about. Thanks for continuing to maintain such a great art space on the web; coming here is always a highlight of my day. :-)

June 8, 2011 at 3:18 pm #36684

Boofredlay

It seems my latest submission, Borders 45 (Arrow Heads) was overlooked. I logged on today and see 11 new submissions, mine not being one of them. Any chance you can post it up today?

Thanks Leo.

June 8, 2011 at 4:23 pm #36685

Leo

Boo, your last post was missing an image, something must have gone wrong while uploading. Would you give it another try, please?

@P_G – If I don’t update the site two days in a row – something terrible must have happened. Call 911 and file a missing person report immediately!

June 8, 2011 at 4:33 pm #36686

Boofredlay

Will do Leo.

June 9, 2011 at 5:30 pm #36687

Boofredlay

I guess it is too much to ask for Borders 46 to be posted up today as well. Still trying to keep pace with my blog.

I am curious why you have the approval process for submissions here rather than posts being automatically added to the front page. It sure would free up some of your time. Are there any submissions that you have turned down over the years? Again, just curious.

June 9, 2011 at 7:01 pm #36689

Leo

No worries, Boo, posted.

Re. Auto-post vs. manual approval – yes, there were some posts that shouldn’t be published – spam, posts with missing images, duplicates, etc. So auto-posting is not really an option if we want to keep the site clean.

June 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm #36690

Boofredlay

You are a champ, thanks.

And that makes sense about auto-posting.

July 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm #36701

Boofredlay

I notice there are new posts up today but the last two I posted up over the last 3 days have not shown up.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.