'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Letraset Pro Markers…

Home Forums General Discussion Letraset Pro Markers…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rudat 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

diggie

Hi all, new kid on the block reporting in!

First I wanna say that I’ve seen some amazingly diverse art being produced here, my eyeballs are still shaking from all the visual orgasms. So inspiring!

Question: I’ve just picked up some Letraset Pro markers from the art store, and the paper in my little Moleskine sketchbook is pretty pro-bleed, and it even bleeds through onto the pages underneath. Can someone maybe recommend a Moleskine with paper that won’t bleed?

Thanks!

June 24, 2009 at 7:17 pm #35858

Nick Powell

My son uses them for his Manga and they seem to go through almost anything! Letraset do a pad of paper specially for the promarker but the only place I have seen it is in a bundle with pens in Hobbycraft [in the UK] or on its own for £4.99.

June 24, 2009 at 9:36 pm #35859

Uncle Bob

I find Moleskine sketchbooks difficult to use with ANY sort of marker. I’ve also noticed that water can lie in blotches on their surface. I tend to use the Watercolour Moleskines for most of my work involving ink (and watercolour paint of course). The sketchbooks I keep for line work with fine ink pens, such as Staedtler pigment lines or with pencil. I’m sorry but I cannot comment on Letraset Pro markers but you could try them on a scrap of watercolour paper before investing in another Moleskine. The Moleskine paper seems to be about 200gm with a slightly textured surface. Hopes this helps – and welcome to this site.

June 26, 2009 at 5:45 am #35861

roseindigo

I recently bought a set of Dick Blick markers, and I love using them, but they also bleed through the paper. I haven’t used them in the watercolor Moleskine yet, but that’s on the agenda as a test case. When I use them with other paper, I just make sure I place two or three sheets of scrap paper underneath the page I’m working on, and then I let them bleed as much as they want to. Try it. The most damage it can do with that technique is that you can’t use the back of the page you are working on, but your other pages will stay pristine.

June 26, 2009 at 6:03 am #35862

when i use prismacolor markers, they bleed through. i use several sheets of scrap underneath like roseindigo mentioned. when i use tombo brushtip markers, they don’t bleed through… but they don’t blend as well.

June 26, 2009 at 4:09 pm #35864

diggie

Hey thanks for all the comments! I’ve just been to my local art supplies shop and tried out some Letrasets on watercolour paper – and yes it bleeds. So you saved me another investment trebor. :)

July 1, 2009 at 12:41 am #35881

roseindigo

Today I tried the Dick Blick markers in my watercolor Moleskine, and they bleed right through that thick paper, but I like the bright colors, so I’ll probably use them anyway. The only markers that don’t seem to bleed through, as far as my experiments go so far, are the Pitt Pens, which come in a large variety of colors also.

July 1, 2009 at 11:06 am #35884

Rudat

The Pitt Pens are really nice with the smooth paper moleskine. Plain, cheap drugstore markers work well too. With color pencil used first, the wax makes a barrier so markers don’t seem to actually soak through the paper. I also tend to be light-handed, which probably prevents some bleed through.

July 1, 2009 at 11:07 am #35885

Rudat

…and then there’s Photoshop. Those colors never bleed!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.