'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

lack of interest in forums!

Home Forums Site Support and site related lack of interest in forums!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 72 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Mattman1111 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author

r_sail

you guys do whatever you want…

April 16, 2009 at 1:56 pm #35741

Uncle Bob

OK! I’ll try something as well as Susan. She’s correct. No harm done. At least this dialogue is getting folk to contribute to this forum which was Nick’s goal in the first place. Pity we haven’t really solved the problem about advertsing the idea to everyone who contributes to skineart but it’s early days.

April 16, 2009 at 6:29 pm #35742

Nick Powell

No Harm done, lets just do it.

Don’t forget to mention in your blurb that this is a theme entry we hope to get going as a regular event for anyone to take part in.

How about the most faved piece gets to choose the next theme from R_sails list? Or is that going to be too complicated?

April 18, 2009 at 3:09 am #35745

r_sail

you guys fucking blew it on those tags…

April 18, 2009 at 6:09 am #35746

Ed Buziak

I think r_sail has walked out and kicked the door shut on his interest in this group (OK, foot puns finished… this now becomes serious!).

So I suggest…

1) To continue this first theme all entrants should enter “Theme 01″ with their “foot” and/or “feet” tag words… otherwise previous ‘skine.art postings which may have used ‘feet’ or ‘foot’ as tags will show up and blur or bias the results.

2) That this “Theme 01″ (which is a foot or feet) ends in two weeks on April 30th at mid-night CA/USA time… we’ve all had enough time to think about it!

3) The next theme will be decided on and set within a couple of days by the artist who collects the most faves in the previous round… and s/he can enter and collect faves but cannot ‘win’ the theme they nominate.

However, before closing… two themes a month may be pushing it a bit because of the time elapsing between the end of one theme and the setting of another. Perhaps (just a suggestion) we should have a monthly theme with the deadline being the end of the month, followed by 1 week for the setting of a new theme by the winner of the previous round. That first week could also have forum (lively) discussion and (constructive) critique… leaving us all 3 weeks to get gee’ed-up for the next round to be created and presented.

OK folks… I need another coffee!

April 18, 2009 at 9:48 am #35747

Nick Powell

I hope R_sail has not walked out as you put it ED.

This is only a trial run we can as you say sort out the problems as we go.

I thought that we should have put ‘theme’ first so as to get things all in the same folder so to speak.As you say an additional part to the ‘theme’ tag of say ‘May 09′would possible help when looking for older entries.

I agree two themes a month is too much so the scheme proper will start at the end of April and hopefully the appearance of a few pieces and the descriptions will get a few more contributers on the go for the May ‘launch.’

April 18, 2009 at 10:10 am #35748

r_sail

I wasn’t walking out on this, I was just saying you guys fucking blew it on the tags. I’m the one who started the whole idea… it went from a weekly, to bi weekly, to now monthly? challenge? What the shit is that? Monthly?

I thought the point of this was to get people interested and mostly to draw, like, more? I dunno, you guys can do whatever you want… I wouldn’t have a hard time drawing two things in my molskine a month, but, maybe that’s just me.

April 18, 2009 at 10:14 am #35749

Rudat

Great suggestions, both Ed and Nick. I vote for month and year attached to the tag. Maybe R_sail is swamped with work and will return. In a way, this is a collaboration where everyone’s input is important. Come back, R_sail!

April 18, 2009 at 10:35 am #35750

Nick Powell

I agree whole heartedly Susan.

The whole idea is its a bit of fun that should add to the experience of the website a bit without putting any one under any pressure.

Lets just get it going and modify the thing as we go, fair enough if once a month is not enough then lets change it once we get it up and running. Nothing is cast in stone.

I am only able to do bits and pieces of art stuff in between the hum drum stuff of life,

so one contribution a month may be all I can manage, but for others this may not be the case and a more intense program of themes may work thats all fine. lets just take it easy and see how it goes?

R_sail I agree with your sentiments about getting more people drawing etc. Glad you have not gone anywhere! Lets just give it a go you may well be right about the frequency and as I said earlier it can be changed as required.

April 18, 2009 at 4:53 pm #35751

r_sail

Like I said, I haven’t gone anywhere… busy with a job this week, and moving at the end of the month, so, actually a month is fine to start, so…

April 18, 2009 at 5:37 pm #35752

Nick Powell

so shall we go with the Tag system ‘theme may09/feet?

April 18, 2009 at 5:50 pm #35753

r_sail

sure sure, but what happens if/when we change it to bi-weekly?

Theme. Theme:Feet. (no spaces, just theme:feet would keep non theme related tags from showing up.) and, sure, I guess a monthly would help for looking back? We can also have a thread with links to past entries kept via tags…?

I will happily take on the responsibility of running the related forum threads, and if I get moderation abilities from Leo, that could help, because as it is, you can’t edit old posts past a certain point.

Also, I like Ed’s ideas about forum discussions on each theme… criticisms and what not.

April 28, 2009 at 11:31 pm #35757

Mattman1111

The theme idea sounds good. I’m happy to go with whatever method is decided upon. I’ll check back for more details.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.