'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Introduce yourself

Home Forums General Discussion Introduce yourself

This topic contains 87 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  Gadgetman 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Author

12oz.Therapy

I’m Joe, I live in St.Paul Minnesota. I’ve been drawing and painting on and off for about 25 years. I’ve really gotten back into it in the last two years or so. Started carrying a pocket size blank reporter about a year ago that I use to jot down ideas and notes for projects, which has really sparked my creativity. And the artwork posted on this site has inspired me to keep working at developing my skills.

I don’t have a definitive style or subject preference. I’m kind of all over the board with my work. Portraits, cartoons, Grafitti lettering, Poems and Stories, Random doodles, etc.. I like to use markers, pens, pastels, color pencils, and acrylic. I’m hoping to try my hand at guoache soon.

January 4, 2010 at 12:07 pm #36273

iyanden71

Hi all, and first I wish you all a happy new year ! :)

I am Iyanden71 (Cédric irl ).

I live in Saint Germain du Puch ^^ near Bordeaux in the west South of France.

After 12 years in an electronic job, I had the oportunity to work as ‘webdesigner’ in a software edition society (Yes sometimes life is cool ).

Thats not really fun cause we are specialized in financial and management software.

The creativity is nt really here, but the BIG advantage is my boss is not shocked to always see drawings all over my desk ^^.

I m trying all sort of medium i can grap but since the middle of 2009, i am using the watercolor and really like it.

I had try my first moleskine just some months ago, and i was surprised by the good quality of parper (sometimes publicity is not a lie :) ), and now i have always four molesk. in my backpack with all my necessary.

I am very impressed by the diversity and the quality of all your works.

Thanks for your comments on my first post :) et bonne journée à toutes et tous ;)

January 6, 2010 at 5:47 pm #36276

Nuria

Error of transcription. Please, delet this message. Do not know how to delete it.

January 7, 2010 at 6:32 pm #36280

kuroba

Hi, my name is Estivalia and I’m from Antofagasta, Chile. I’m a Graphic Design student who loves illustration as well.

I discovered Moleskines last year and got my first one a few months ago (had to orden online though, they are quite expensive in my country and you can get them everywhere). I was so busy with school that just now, that it’s summer break, I’ve really started working on it. I don’t think I’ll stop anytime soon! :D

My favourite medias currently are watercolors (cakes and liquid, like Ecoline), inks and gouache.

January 21, 2010 at 11:02 pm #36306

John Speight

Hi, I’m a papercut artist in England. Although I have to precisely design my papercuts I haven’t done any free sketching for years. I discovered skineart.com through twitter at the same time as I discovered Danny Gregory’s books. So I bought some Moleskines (Wow are they great or what!) in December and made a new year’s resolution to draw something every day, just to see what develops. I’m addicted already because this website is so friendly and inspiring!

January 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm #36308

offkilterart

Just read a bunch of these posts. It’s astounding how diverse the Skine art community is; contributors from all over the world.

I first discovered Moleksines when I happened upon some of Mattias Adolfsson’s art (which is some stellar stuff) and purchased one in the hope that the durability of the book itself, and the portability would allow me to draw anywhere at anytime allowing me to retreat even further from reality. The quality and smell of the paper (I like smelling books) made it impossible to stop filling page after page with nonsensical, spur of the moment doodles.

I’m not sure how Skineart came to appear in my browser window (probably googling moleksine same as plasma girl), but I’m glad it did. Even when I have nothing to post, not a day goes by that I don’t hit up the site to browse through new posts.

Oh, and my name is Allen. Sorry for writing a book of a post.

January 27, 2010 at 5:42 am #36320

Boofredlay

Greetings from Huntsville/Madison, Alabama USA; my name is Eric Lay.

-

Like offkilterart I found this site through MattiasA’s website. I had never heard of Moleskines before. I bought my first one today and dove right in. I do have a question about it but I will save that for another thread.

-

I am a 3D artist, architectural draftsman, graphic artist, semi-retired trumpet player and a wanna-be illustrator. I used to draw all the time but drifted away from when I got into computer drawing however my daughter and I have been sketching together for the past month now and I am really enjoying it again.

February 9, 2010 at 6:13 pm #36354

maranas

greetings from the philippines!

i am moises from manila, philippines. I found out about the website through StumbleUpon (c/o amiplasse’s train sketches) and have been visiting everyday since. i recently got my first moleskine sketchbook and have started drawing again. i am a software engineer by profession, but i like sketching once in a while. i am sketching more often nowadays because i am getting a lot of inspiration from the site.

thanks for the great website, and i hope many more of us will post in the forums!

http://kakusuru.blogspot.com

March 14, 2010 at 10:07 pm #36411

elkart51

Hi, my names Gra ( Graham). Always loved to draw, then got mainly into airbrushing cars and bikes. Recent changes to the use of cellulose has now forced me to abandon Airbrushing and get back into drawing. Have done a few illustrations for a motorcaravan magazine and recently had a couple of cartoons published in the local newspaper. I am now experimenting to find what I really want to do.

March 19, 2010 at 10:38 pm #36415

Hi, my name is Aleks. I’m from Southern California. Im an art director for a manufacturing company. I have extreme levels of adhd. I jump from medium to medium.

Ive dabbled in: airbrushing, screen printing, graphite illustrations, #2 pencils, Oil and soft pastels, Charcoal, vinyl, markers, food coloring, and many many many more.

I am currently into charcoal, pastels and wash pencils.

Ive been a frequent skineart visitor for the last year and finally decided it was time for me to start posting.

March 20, 2010 at 6:50 pm #36416

kilacqua97

hi there, my name is kevin and my girlfriend randomly showed me this site a few days ago. i go thru a few skines a month and so i figured id share once in a while. im going to art school in the US in Massachusetts and i am an illustration major with a work-base in printmaking – monoprint and etching mainly.

im really looking forward to some awesome feedback!

April 1, 2010 at 1:38 am #36434

Greetings, I am Dan from Ohio.

I just acquired my first Moleskine today, actually. I am currently a high school senior soon to be heading to college for video game art and design. I found this site from looking into the Moleskines and rather enjoy it here. I intend to upload some stuff pretty soon and look forward to your feedback.

April 4, 2010 at 6:41 am #36432

jackie

I’m Jackie. I write and illustrate books, look after two children, and a slave to six cats, three dogs. I live to paint and am always searching for a time machine as there are simply not enough hours in a day. I live in Wales, in a small cottage by the sea where I paint, write, cook and dream, and, needless to say, I love Moleskine.

April 4, 2010 at 1:39 pm #36436

Peeta

Hi, I’m Peeta and I have a really daft question: is it ok to post sketches that are done in a different brand of sketchbook than Moleskine? I live in New Zealand and do a lot of outdoors pencil sketching, the sort of thing you *would* do in a Moleskine if you had one, but I, err, don’t have one.

Next time I need a new sketchbook, I might give it a go!

Anyways, this looks like a very cool site and I’d love to participate/contribute etc.

:D

April 4, 2010 at 2:53 pm #36437

Leo

Greetings, everyone! Glad to have you with us.

@Peeta – post them! Even though we prefer Moleskine – we’re not Moleskine snobs.

April 19, 2010 at 1:57 am #36442

Peeta

Hi, & thanks! Posted a sketch yesterday, so uhm, how do I find out if and when it’s been approved? Do they send me a courtesy email or how does it work? (it’s not up yet in any case, I checked)

April 19, 2010 at 7:37 am #36444

Uncle Bob

Hi Peeta. Yes, you will get a courtesy email when your post is approved and it will be displayed about the same time. When it is displayed depends where you are. Here in the UK posts tend to appear in our early afternoon, say 13.00 hours which is about 5 hours from the time you send this comment. Looking forward to viewing this. Bob

April 29, 2010 at 8:22 am #36457

AussieSheila

G’day, I’m an Aussie Sheila and stay at home mum. I discovered this site while searching for moleskines. In January last year I went to drawing classes then to acrylic painting classes, I have also tried watercolours and mixed media collage.

I received my first moleskine watercolour sketchbook today and have made a quick entry for the April Challenge. I’m looking forward to working out this site and posting my entry.

Thanks, Shelly.

May 6, 2010 at 11:22 am #36467

Hi! I’m Marcello from Italy, I like photography and drawing on my moleskine!

Here I saw beautiful drawings, I hope to give my small contribution to this beautiful community

May 17, 2010 at 1:38 am #36472

redstar

I’m Sydney, I’m from the United States. I just bought a moleskine as a sketch and outlining book for the stories I write. I had no idea that these things are so big, until I looked it up and realized there’s a whole world of people who love them. Its a really awsome notebook, I love the thick, unlined paper that doesn’t bleed through no matter how much pen I scribble all over it. I love seeing all the things people do with these notebooks.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.