'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Introduce yourself

Home Forums General Discussion Introduce yourself

This topic contains 87 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  Gadgetman 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Author

Im Fatma from The Netherlands, I love art..life is meaningless without it!

Mainly I make paintings, collages and textile art.

Love to see the work of ppl here…some of these are real nice pieces of art and there are a lot of talented people here.

I am not part of exchanges because im new here…but is this a sort of exchange group? because i cant figure that out.

July 7, 2008 at 9:22 am #35589

Uncle Bob

Greetings! I am Bob from Ratho (A wee village on the outskirts of Edinburgh). I am a retired school teacher of Craft & Technology who gets pleasure in observing my everyday surroundings, painting/sketching and observing them.

(Added July 2009) Margaret and I now have the complete use of the house to ourselves as our three boys have now left home. This means we have an extra room so if anyone is thinking about visiting the Edinburgh area, let me know. I just might be able to save you a few night’s hotel fees.

July 13, 2008 at 10:46 pm #35592

bubblemunch

Hi, I’m Sarah. I live in Devon, England, but am a Yorkshire lass. I found out about this site via a link on the moleskinerie site. I think I first found that through searches about watercolours. Never took art at school (was always considered to be no good). I’ve been dabbling with crafty things and recently made a leap into watercolours and a whole new world has opened up. Within a few weeks I’d applied for an Arts and Design course at Exeter and got accepted!! To celebrate I bought a moleskine but am scared of ruining it with practice pieces so am still doodling in my old book until I get more confidence! The works posted are brilliant. I’m in awe. It’s so inspirational and very generous of people to share their thoughts and ideas. I’m hoping to get to learn more new media apart from watercolours.

July 16, 2008 at 7:00 pm #35593

Dabyz

Hello, I am David, from Pamplona, Spain. I would like my drawings will be on skineart.com, but i can’t. i don’t know what are happening.

only said that this is one of the most interesting art websites i’ve found recently.

greetings for every moleskiners.

my blog, http://www.dabyz.blogspot.com

July 25, 2008 at 12:54 pm #35594

BoboMonkey

Hi,

I am an American working in the UK. Love the site and finally submitted some drawings for consideration. So far just Beachy Head made it but I have loads of books from my travels. If I can find the one from Nepal I will try to get it posted. Regardless I am not a trained artist and do not work in the arts. Most of my career has involved travel all over the world and I will start hitting Africa this year so expect some drawnings from the Sahal pretty soon. Anyway I am a huge fan of the site and the concept so I am looking forward to contributing in the future. Any feedback would be great.

August 4, 2008 at 8:00 pm #35595

Anonymous

I’m Susana from Venezuela, a filmmaker turned photographer and obsessed with watercolour. I am painting over a diary I kept while living in USA.

August 7, 2008 at 7:43 pm #35596

enito07

Hello! My name is Evgeniya. I am from Odessa, which is on Ukraine. I a long ago like to draw, but for me profession of not artist. I simply amateur to draw in own time. My basic work it is philosophy of science. I like this site! Here a lot of wonderful works and pictures.

August 10, 2008 at 11:24 pm #35598

Pinkjasper

My name is Sophie Brown. I’m NYC painter and artist though mostly self-taught. I’ve been a Moleskine fan for a decade, but use them primarily for journaling. For visual work I need much more room to move around; I’m not a small sketchbook girl. I’m also falling behind the current technology: I don’t know how to post pictures of my work, though I don’t do art in Moleskines anyway. No digital camera, no scanner, no avatar yet. I was originally concerned about quality control here need not to have worried: I think each and every artist on this site is fun to look at but I remain a browser for now.

August 11, 2008 at 5:30 pm #35599

zaulia

Hello all!

wonderful pieces, much inspiration around.

I’m Zaulia, from Lithuania. Scientist in gene engineering. Using moleskines for everyday, absolutely addict about them ^^

Having my genetic constructions in my thin ‘skine, several watercolors in hardcover ‘skine, some batch of haikus with small drawings in sketchbook ‘skine. Daily thoughts, telephone numbers, scientific thoughts, night-dream lists – everything goes into these beautiful things.

August 24, 2008 at 4:23 pm #35602

ValD

hey everybody!

My name is Valérie Desrochers. I’m from Montréal, Quebec, Canada. I’m a graphic designer and I love the moleskines books. Everyone of them. I use them for notes, sketches, writing. I learned about this site from someone who’s already a user. It is a really great place to get inspiration from all of you guys. Thanks to the ones who made this possible.

August 27, 2008 at 8:58 am #35609

NicePark

Hi – my name’s Mark, and I’m in Glasgow, Scotland. I’m getting back into drawing – I used to do quite a lot, but work and general stresses seem to have taken over more than I’d like. So, I picked up a Moleskine sketchbook at the weekend, determined to start doing something I enjoy again. And this site’s a real inspiration – lots of fascinating work from all over the world.

September 21, 2008 at 3:50 am #35612

Nikira

Hi, my name is Irina, originally from Moskow, Russia, live in NY. Fine art background. Working as a muralist, faux finishes. My scale is big walls. Always used sketchbooks. Find out about moleskine from Russell Stutler’s Sketchbook site, fell in love with Japan, moleskine, waterbrushes. Typed moleskine in Google and found this wonderful site. Thank you to all creative artists, posting on this site.

November 15, 2008 at 3:51 pm #35623

diogosousa

Hi, my name is Diogo, from Lisbon, Portugal. Just discovered the joys of drawing on a moleskine. I am no artist but i’m trying to improve my skills. There are a lot of great works posted in this site. Hope to hear your feedback.

November 29, 2008 at 3:35 am #35624

Hi all, I never got to introduce myself. My name is Gabi Campanario. I’m a Spanish guy transplated to the U.S., where I’ve lived since 1998, going from California to Virginia and now in Seattle, where I live with my wife and two kids. I work as an illustrator for The Seattle Times and I sketch all the time. You can see my drawings on my blog at http://gabicampanario.blogspot.com and also on the new group blog I recently started with other sketchers around the world called Urban Sketchers. Check it out at http://www.urbansketchers.com

Thanks for creating skineart Benjamin, it’s a great source of inspiration!

December 4, 2008 at 10:48 am #35625

Rob Carey

I, too, never introduced myself! My name is Rob Carey. I am originally from Long Beach, California, but have lived for the past 12 years in Germany, where I teach elementary school in an international school. I am married with two children. Drawing is a hobby for me, and ‘skineart has given me a new joy of sketching daily and sharing sketches with others as well as being inspired by the artwork of others. I started a blog this summer at http://kunst-by-rob.blogspot.com and am part of the Urban Sketchers team at http://www.urbansketchers.com.

Thank you, managers of ‘skineart, for your work with this great site.

December 18, 2008 at 2:49 am #35629

mugitea

Hello all, I am Linda Bachrach. I moved to Honolulu from San Francisco to enjoy swimming and warm temperatures. This month I retired from my job as president of the Hawaii Watercolor Society for the past two years and now I am hoping to have more time for painting and drawing. Drawing in sketchbooks is a hobby for me, but I need to draw daily in order to improve. Moleskines are wonderful and I’ve been using them off and on since 2002. Not a day goes by that I don’t check this site to see what others can come up with.

Thank you all for sending in your drawings and keeping this site going.

January 9, 2009 at 7:42 pm #35640

Rudat

My name is Susan Rudat. My career has always been as a professional artist, ranging from corporate to computer art to illustration and fine art. There have been plenty of grueling unrewarding work hours, and lots of good times out on the road with fellow teammates. Most important of what I’ve learned so far is to leave the ego at home, put all you have into your career, be a team player, and follow your spirit with your own art. I am not a fan of rules by others with my own art, it tends to lose its playfulness. I adore seeing all of the art out in the world, thank you ‘skine.art for this opportunity!

January 15, 2009 at 4:38 pm #35643

adelap

Oh quelle merveille ici!!

quelques mois que je travaille le moleskine… je viens de terminer le premier http://flanepourvous.blogspot.com/search/label/MON%20MOLESKINE

February 15, 2009 at 2:43 pm #35646

Tankgirl

Hi everyone, I’m Jade.

As you may have guessed I have a slight obsession with Tankgirl. I’m 19 and I live in Nottingham in the UK, no I don’t know Robin Hood (but I’d have liked to) and Sherwood Forest is an excellent place for paintballing. Anyway…

I’m currently an Art Student (and have been for three years though have loved drawing all my life) and am waiting to be shipped off to Uni in either Sheffield or Leeds where I’ll study as a Graphic Illustrator for three years, if all goes to plan that is. I draw daily and have found that nothing comes easily without practice, so get your head down and sketch!

Skine art is a recent find for me and I use this website as a great source for inspiration in and out of acedemics.

February 16, 2009 at 5:41 pm #35647

bluemovers

Hi, my name is Bluemovers. I live in Brooklyn. I work at MoMA. I draw all the time, just bought my first Moleskine notebook at the Strand bookstore and I’ll post as I go. I tend to invent. I have an MFA in painting/drawing as well as a degree in animation and time-based media.

I post a lot more of my work on Twitter (non-Moleskine, I guess). I’m Bluemovers over there, too. Follow me.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.