'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Introduce yourself

Home Forums General Discussion Introduce yourself

This topic contains 87 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  Gadgetman 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 88 total)
  • Author

benji

Who are you? Tell us about yourself and the way you found this site.

I’ll start. I’m Benjamin and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I enjoy art and I like to build sites, and thus out of this combination of interests was born ‘skine.art.

April 19, 2008 at 3:26 am #35544

RdEoSg

I’m Chris from Orange County, California. I am a photographer by trade. I am not so good at drawing, but I’ve always wanted to be and love moleskines so I am trying to learn. I won’t subject all of you to too many of my drawings! ;)

April 19, 2008 at 9:09 am #35545

iphigen

Hi I’m Angie, I live in Germany and I’d like to study book art or fine arts next year. I spend all my free time drawing and painting with copic markers and watercolor. I only found out about Moleskines two or three weeks ago but now that I own a large sketchbook, I carry it around with me all the time (I even made a felt cover for it). :)

April 20, 2008 at 11:53 pm #35554

Bruce

ello,ello! I’m bruce.

I’m a concept artist from Omaha, Nebraska and found you guys through another site. Really great idea and really great work so far posted. My books is kept with me at all times, but does not collect that much work. I’ve always been the type that wants to draw at all hours of the day. I just don’t. I hope that will change and that is why I still keep it with me.

Here is hoping.

Now I just have to figure out how to make it work. First time around would not take an image.

I’ll work it out.

Thanks for having me. :)

April 21, 2008 at 5:30 am #35526

Madzia Bryll

I’m Madzia, I’m from Poland. Only four out of my many notebooks are moleskines so far, but I’ve recently caught a very serious sketching bug, so I hope you’ll see me evolve. :)

April 21, 2008 at 8:17 pm #35556

George from Somerville Ma, and am currently obsessed with painting in my large moleskine sketchbook.

April 22, 2008 at 9:51 pm #35558

jroh

J from boston – i think i found the site on boing boing or one of the other art / design blogs i go to. generally though – ever since i saw indiana jones’ sketch book i was hooked and a number of years ago realized the original was mole – love art and am really getting into it again nowadays – hoping to keep this site as a record of progression.

April 25, 2008 at 4:21 pm #35560

David F.

My name is Dave, and I am from Rhode Island. I draw all the time, not as much I would like to as of late though… I work as a graphic designer for a company that makes rowing machines.

I found this site a few days ago… I’m not sure how I did though… But I love all the pictures that everyone does here, and hope to submit my own some day.

April 26, 2008 at 10:27 pm #35561

Pinkjasper

I’m Sophie, I live in NYC. I’ve had an on again off again relationship with art, mostly I work with oil pastels on Bristol Board. I’m a Moleskine aficionado going back maybe 5 years. I tend to think I don’t draw well, but a great deal of the work here is very inspirational and I’m moved to go have fun with it and see what happens.

April 29, 2008 at 7:13 pm #35562

vantazy

Hey everybody. Im Vance, and I live in Arkansas of all places. I work from home making commissioned and personal animation and illustration mostly. I found the site on Drawn! today and I look forward to submitting and enjoying everybody else’s stuff.

May 1, 2008 at 12:29 am #35564

dsurman

hey my name is Davey and I am a scribbler, writer and games designer, and I teach at Newport School of Art, Wales UK, into the undergrad animation and games design courses. Love my sketchbooks, chunky sharpies, cakes and tea.

May 1, 2008 at 5:17 pm #35566

androo

I’m Andrew Carey, originally from Nassau, Bahamas but currently living in London. I’m a graphic (sm)artist by day and I’ve been taking sketchbooks around with me for years but only recently started by Moleskine’s. I love drawing, videogames, my mamma seeing all of your work on this website.

Great stuff!

May 5, 2008 at 12:36 am #35570

stephenjbell

I’m Stephen Bell. I grew up in rural Canada (Saskatchewan), but live in Oklahoma City, working as a graphic designer/webmaster for Oklahoma Christian University. I’ve always enjoyed drawing, but I’ve been neglecting art in favor of more technical skills lately. This site inspires me to want to change that.

May 5, 2008 at 4:43 am #35571

Ein

Greetings. I’m Sam. I’m born-and-raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. I’ve been in love with art for my entire life, but only recently have carried around a sketchbook. While on a trip to New York City, I went into a local art store for a new sketchbook and picked up a Moleskine. I’m in love, and this site lets me see what other people do in their books.

May 20, 2008 at 8:32 am #35573

r_sail

Hi! My name is Sail. I am a professional illustrator living in the United States.

You can see more of my work at my newly relaunched blog: http://daily-drawing.blogspot.com/

May 24, 2008 at 10:39 pm #35578

bek

Ello, my name is Bek. I’m from and live in the south of Ireland. Ive been drawing ever since i was little and do it mostly as a hobby, but hope someday to be able to apply that to a career. I mostly like drawing from direct observation but like to throw out something from my imagination from time to time. My main hope is to become good enough at drawing so that i dont have to rely on image references and can have full control of what i want to create. Moleskines are very nice to draw in and i should thank Ein/Sam for introducing me to this site, so thanks! =)

June 11, 2008 at 11:32 am #35582

My name is Emma, I am from Australia, but live in the north, north of France. Been here for almost four years.

I have always been a creator, but only recently (past 5 years) have I returned to drawing.

I love my Moleskines! I am also a part of a few exchanges, which I am enjoying, the exchange with others and to see their work and “interact” with it is inspiring.

June 13, 2008 at 4:02 am #35584

Joe, from the hills in Eastern Washington. I have been working in the arts for a long time, but never as a professional. For the past decade plus, I have been making ceramic sculptures. Now I spend what time I can in my sketchbooks. I found this site by chance and am glad I did. There are some great artists in here.

June 15, 2008 at 8:08 pm #35585

c.k.

C.K., originally from Jackson, Mississippi, I consider myself a New Yorker after living there for 7 years, but I’ve recently been transplanted by work to Santa Monica, California. I was a fine art major in college, focused primarily on sculpture and sketching. I ended up following a different path for my career, but drawing and doodling is very centering and therapeutic for me, so I keep doing it. I recently started up a webcomic called Screaming Tonge (http://screamingtongue.com) which is in its very early stages. For the most part I’m taking photographs of the characters I’ve drawn in my Moleskine and adding speech bubbles in Photoshop to build the comic.

I found ‘skine.art via a friend who’d seen the site mentioned on another blog and immediately added it to my RSS reader. There’s some really cool stuff here. It’s good to see an active community of creative people just sketching and doodling and making cool stuff.

June 18, 2008 at 9:23 pm #35586

3lla

Ella of English and Philippino heritage but after being born and raised in the United Arab Emirates, I consider myself to be local. I’ve always enjoyed drawing, even if the finished product isn’t what I imagined it to be. I would say that I still have alot to learn about art and drawing, but I still persevere and try to draw whenever I can.

I first discovered Moleskines purely by chance, and I now I can’t stop buying the wonderful things!

I found ‘skine art through a blog post on one of my RSS feeds and thought it was absolutely inspiring to see the work of other people who have one thing in common. Moleskines.

Seeing the sheer variety of art on such an active community was absolutely breathtaking for me simply because it changes your whole perspective on what is art.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.