'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Inspiration strikes

Home Forums General Discussion Inspiration strikes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Uncle Bob 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Phil

Hello Moleskiners. I’m not a professional artist, and I lack any sort of real artistic talent, but man, did I love to draw. I would buy pens, and sketchbooks, big and small, and just draw for hours and hours where ever I was. School, sitting in the park, and eventually, work. I started doing it as a child and it never left me…until recently.

For whatever reason I had stopped drawing, sketching, doodling. Then I came across your website (via Boing-Boing) and I have to say, I was inspired. All of the art was amazing, and the fact that it was all “contained” within a Moleskine notebook made it all the more magical to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that after looking through the site I went and bought my own Moleskine sketchbook, and a few drawing pens for good measure. I can’t wait to get started, and get back to that place where a little free time and a little bit of paper can meet to make something special.

Thank you,

Phil

April 17, 2008 at 8:34 pm #35534

jenny

Looking forward to seeing some of your work Phil!

April 19, 2008 at 11:37 am #35547

Rudat

Good for you, Phil!!! Happy drawing, sketching & doodling, can’t wait to see some art.

April 19, 2008 at 11:58 pm #35549

Pinkjasper

I bet since you loved it before you will again! That kind of happened to me. I didn’t do any work after high school mostly until I was 30. Maybe I didn’t feel the need to please other people, like a teacher.

July 9, 2008 at 4:18 pm #35590

Uncle Bob

Please don’t do yourself down by saying that you, “lack any sort of real artistic talent”. Despite what you think is not so good, there will be plenty of others who will look at your efforts and say that they wish they could draw like you. Don’t believe me? Take your wee book and pens down to the nearest park bench and start to sketch. You will soon be surrounded by folk complementing your work. I once sat in the main square in Bruges, trying to sketch the bell tower. My drawing was so bad I was about to rip it up when a shadow fell across the paper. This was cast by a German lady who was sneakily trying to photgraph it over my shoulder. She though it was great. After her initial, acute embarassment we both had a good laugh. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.