'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Forum upgrades

Home Forums Site Support and site related Forum upgrades

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Uncle Bob 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Leo

Hi, guys!

We’ve been getting hammered with spam lately, and it was getting overwhelming. So…

I’ve installed a few barriers, performed a major clan-up, and upgraded/integrated the forums. We’ll see how that goes, but for now these measure seem to have stopped the spammers cold. I’m sure they’ll keep trying though.

One side effect – the upgrade now counts forum posts as site submissions, so the Top Contributors list is re-shuffled. What do you think? Should I keep it this way to encourage forum participation? Or figure out a way to count published submissions only?

July 26, 2012 at 8:02 am #37213

plasma_girl

Having less spam to deal with is excellent; thank you, Leo!
    The new forum design is taking some getting used to for me, but that’s just the nature of changing and improving things; no help for it but to forge ahead.
    I honestly don’t mind the way the top contributor list is re-shuffled and it seems fine to me the way it is.
    As always, Leo; thanks for the work you do behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly for everybody.  :-D

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  plasma_girl. Reason: typin fail
    July 28, 2012 at 7:36 am #37224

Uncle Bob

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this but have been away for a few days.

You are to be congratulated on attacking all that spam.  Glad you got rid of it.  As to the new layout in the forum, I’m all for ideas which might encourage others to use this part of the site.  Its a bit disappointing that this is only the second reply to this topic which suggests that others might not even know it exists.  Will try to think up some strategies which might help.  On the point of combining forum posts and submissions I’m OK with that – as long as it attracts attention to this area.  If not then I probably would prefer tallying the posts only – but that’s just me.  Keep up the good work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.