'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

COMMUNICATION

Home Forums General Discussion COMMUNICATION

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Uncle Bob 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Nikira

That is really amazing! Can you post some photos for the rest of jealous us, please? Hello to John and Kris. What is haggis?

January 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm #36599

Margie

How wonderful – thank you all for this. I’ve been disconnected from the ‘skineart community for awhile, so its very fun to read about. i suppose Skype should be easy for me, I have a built-in camera on my iMac… nowI suppose I’ll have to brush my hair before I sit down at the computer.

January 18, 2011 at 10:03 pm #36600

Leo

Makes me want to go visit Uncle Bob and Aunt Margaret in Edinburgh now…

@Nikira – you don’t want to know what haggis is, trust me on this one.

January 19, 2011 at 11:13 am #36602

Uncle Bob

Oh dear! Nikira – Please don’t listen to Leo – he is in enough trouble. We Scots are kind and sharing people (for most of the time Leo). We really go out of our way to treat our guests with the best of culinary fare and that is why we share our sheep’s hearts, liver, lungs etc cooked beautifully in the animal’s stomach lining. Could we do less?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

And as for the unfortunate Leo. No, my friend, we don’t take umbrage at the total misunderstanding some folks have regarding our National Dish. That is why we inflict haggis on visitors. Its to educate to a better way of life. The big mistake, in your case, is “Aunt” Margaret. You are in real trouble my friend. She says it makes her feel really old. How may I put things into some context? Your Salem witch trials have nothing on the history of witchcraft in this part of the world. Fear of witches and their revenge for the stuff described in this link was/is well known

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Berwick_witch_trials

As I type this, Margaret is trying to figure out how to get your picture from Skineart to her printer via her desktop. I, in friendship to you, am bravely resisting assistance but I do not know how long I can hold out. Oh dear! Now she has the sharp needles to hand. It might be too late. Do you feel the intense pains starting? People will say, “He was a nice man, really” (note the use of “was” – the past tense). Who will run Skineart now?

January 19, 2011 at 9:23 pm #36603

Uncle Bob

Oh no, Leo! She’s getting closer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28475994@N00/5371128814/

January 20, 2011 at 2:14 am #36604

Leo

Oh, boy…

I know what these Highlanders are capable of. Thanks, Gibson…

January 22, 2011 at 1:42 am #36605

Nikira

Yea, I googled it, intense…

February 24, 2011 at 9:14 pm #36613

roseindigo

I read the wiki report on haggis and think I would like it. But then, what can you expect from a German who actually likes blood sausage? I should have tried to get some tinned haggis while I was in L.A., but somehow never thought of it. Now that I’m back in the hinterlands there’s no chance! LOL

March 2, 2011 at 4:52 pm #36616

Uncle Bob

Mmmmmm “Blood sausage” Almost as good as haggis – but not EVER from a tin Rose. – Instant death!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.