'skine.art Twitter page RSS Amazon Wishlist 'skine.art Facebook page Moleskine Art Facebook group 'skine.art on Kindle
home | interviews | contributors | shop | faq
login or register to submit your art
MattiasBanner

Best ‘skine to use.

Home Forums General Discussion Best ‘skine to use.

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Speight 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Boofredlay

Hey all, I purchased my first ‘skine today and really like it. However using a felt pen I can see the image clearly on the following page as the paper is fairly thin. I got the large plain notebook on sale:

http://www.moleskineus.com/largeplain.html

-

I am assuming the Large Sketch Notebook is the one I need for ink. Someone please confirm this. I might also use markers and watercolor in the near future. If not the Sketch Notebook then what would you suggest?

(Post a link too if you please)

-

My only concern with my purchase is that I only have 120 pages to sketch on and not 240, but with the deal I got I am not too concerned :)

-

Thanks for any info.

January 27, 2010 at 3:02 pm #36321

Ziza

You are right: You need thicker sheets for ink. I suppose the best for that would be a sketchbook, which is however not designed for watercolour (it has “greasy” surface and watercolour runs away – although some guys managed to master it). For watercolour use watercolour notebooks. All of them are on the same site – this page http://www.moleskineus.com/moleskine-art.html

The other two types (storybook and Japanese) also good for art. Open your wallet, pick the size that you like, select the desired number and there you go! :)

January 27, 2010 at 3:39 pm #36323

Boofredlay

Thanks ziza.

January 27, 2010 at 11:18 pm #36324

John Speight

I made the mistake of buying notebooks rather than sketchbooks, and even pencil shows through. Rather than waste the books though I discovered that if you put plain grey or plain black paper behind the page you’re drawing on, the drawing on the other side then doesn’t show. It works on scanning into the computer as well. You can see the grey paper clearly on my scans but you can’t see the previous drawngs. Don’t know if that’s useful to anyone, but it may help you to keep using a book that would otherwise irritate you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.