Salisbury Crags, Edinburgh – Watercolour but not in a Moleskine (see below)

As promised, a post of the finished version of my previous post. This was an experiment to see if I could come up with an easier way of stretching watercolour paper – hence the fact that this is not in a Moleskine. I discovered, by trial and error, that its possible to attach a wet piece of paper to a board using commercially available plastic channel – the sort of thing sold for allowing sliding doors to operate. To explain this I’ve put a couple of small videos on You Tube which should get the idea across:

If you cannot access these, get in touch and I’ll send a few photos. Also, if you try this but cannot get a piece of paper to fit snugly then a further idea is to cut the board about 10mm (3/8″) smaller than the paper, all the way round, and fold the edges over the sides having trimmed the corners at an angle before you add the plastic strip.